The most expensive marathons in the US. Without looking, what’s the highest?
Tropical John and I agree completely on this: Subjectively scored sports are lame.
I’m pretty sure we’ve pondered this on the trails, but at last...An official answer!
Twelve facts about maximalist shoes.
…and on the other spectrum, here’s our new review of the Skora Fit. Zero drop, 16mm stack, and bright pink.
Another movie about Western States is coming out and this one sounds pretty good.
There are only four Wisconsites who’ve ever finished Badwater. Get to know one of them here.
This is big news in the xc ski world I guess. Pretty normal in ours.
This sounds like an awesome hike in Sweden. Does anyone run it?
Feel like reading about acute kidney injuries sustained in ultras? Here ya go.
Three injuries that plague runners. Nothing on the calf? Personal update: Not limping on leg anymore. I’ve taken two weeks off completely, I’m using my GRID roller every day, and am considering not surrendering my bib for Razorback.
- Susitna 100M and 50k in frozen Alaska. It’s the only 100 in the US that requires 15 lbs of gear, as far as I know.
- …and in warmer environs, the Black Trail 100k in Arizona. Forecast: High 70s.
- Blackwarrior 50k in Alabama.
- The Bandit Ultra Trail Run in SoCal. Those are great trails down there. On my list for next year.
- Hagg Lake Mud Run 50k in Oregon.
- Sylamore 50 in Allison, Arkansas.
- Iron Horse 100/100/50 in Florida. Mike Morton and Oswaldo Lopez are both in for the hundred.
- Also in Florida is the Destin Beach ultra…all on a one mile out and back on the sandy beach. My calves hurt just writing this. Connie Gardner and Joe Fejes are running the 24hr.
- The Sahara Race in Egypt. Seven days and 250ks of self-supported fun in the desert.
- Cross Timbers 50 in Northern Texas.
- Frozen Heart 50k in Southern Maryland. A bargain at $25.
Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day y’all.