Lauren Fleshman challenged runners to post unflattering pictures of themselves to “keep it real.” Here are the results. (Be sure to read their comments in the bottom left.)
NUC: The Lance/Landis/Lim drama continues.
Has anyone else tried a holistic approach to preventing/dealing with injuries.
Speedgoat Karl is taking another crack at the Appalachian Trail record, minus all the hoopla from last time. Here’s our interview with him.
Good read: Running and training in the “uncomfortably hard zone.”
How long until we get a Street View version of our popular trails?
Upcoming documentary about running and beer. Hey, no one told me they’re setting up cameras in my studio!
What happens to our brains when we exercise?
Is there a better name for a trail run than this?
Did you see the new review for Flanagan’s Run? David Horton mentioned it in his interview with us a few months ago, listener Joey picked it up, read it, and reported back.
Let’s pull back the sheets bit and look at the corruption that’s plagued running in the past.
And this week in science….Cushioned running shoes don’t reduce injuries. Be sure to stay tuned until next week.
- Vibram Tarawera Ultramarathon in New Zealand. Preview here (but now that’s it only 65k, it’s an entirely different race.) Live coverage here.
- Howard Aslinger 12/24 endurance run. Main category is the wheelchair division though. 24 hours of pushing. Wow!
- The Coyote Backbone 68 miler in Southern California. Looks like a great race!
- Run With Scissors double marathon in Hinckley, Ohio.
- Thomas Jefferson 100k in Virginia. Seven loops of single track. This is AJW’s first foray into race directing and we’re anxious to see how it goes.
- Chuckanut 50k in Washington. Great list of entrants and definitely an event on my bucket list. Here’s our interview with RD Krissy Moehl.
- Monument Valley 50/50 in…wait for it…Monument Valley (on the border of AZ and UT). Looks beautiful! (That image on the front page is from the course.)
- Music City Trail Ultra in Tennessee. Sounds like a tough event.
- Old West 50k in Southern California.
- Marin Ultra Challenge in San Francisco-ish. One of the most beautiful trail sections in the country…and it’ll also be in the low 70s on race day.
- The Georgia Death Race 60 miler.