More lottery listings.
Can you guess the sport by the shape of the body? I’d love to see a similar lineup of successful ultrarunners. Yiannis Kouros, Ann Trason, Kilian, Jurek, Geoff Roes, Nikki Kimball, etc. Not everyone looks the same.
…speaking of bodies, Lauren Fleshman keeps it real.
Kilian is nominated for NatGeo Adventurer of the Year.
…meanwhile (and in real life), this Serbian grandmother just tackled a 100k.
An astute reader sent in a picture of an image he saw while watching Rocky 3. Does anyone with skillz know how to clear it up and determine what’s written? h/t to Tim.
A treadmill marathon in a bar. All in support of mental illness awareness. Only in LA.
Another response to the WSJ jackass.
A cool head discusses the Leadville issue.
- Dizzy Fifties Trail Run in Huntsville, Alabama, with a very stern no headphones rule.
- The Adaptive UltraCentric in Texas. Take the traditional timed event and open it up to physically challenged athletes. Cool!
- Mt Tam 50k! in Marin County, CA. Weather should be perfect and many are using it as a warm up to Quad Dipsea.
- Old Glory Trail Rot in North Carolina. Organized by Veterans, and supporting Veterans.
- The Wild Sebastian 100 in Fellsmere, Florida.
- Chimera 100 in Southern California. Tough, tough course.
- Crooked Road 24 hr in Virginia. One mile lap again and again and again and again.
- Run D’Amore 50/100 in Northern California. This will be Catra Corbett’s 100th 100. Go get it!