Welcome to URP!
Thanks for showing interest in our site and our audience. Please have a look around!
Established in early 2011, ultrarunnerpodcast.com blazed the trail that other podcasts have since followed. Showcasing over 80 podcasts and an interactive website with discussions, pictures, reviews, and more.
The site is managed by two experienced ultra runners, Scotty Sandow and Eric Schranz, in Sacramento, California. Scotty works professionally in digital media/broadcasting and Eric works on URP full time from home.
- Podcasts are ~50 minutes in length and are professionally recorded and produced. Available on iTunes or the website at no cost. Guests include a who’s who of ultra running with elite runners, coaches, nutritionists, race directors, authors, and “Average Joes.”
- Honest reviews of shoes, clothing, gear, and craft beer. Dynamic video reviews are embedded in some posts.
- Site updates daily (M-F) with the popular Daily News page, a rundown on all news ultra, including events, blogs, reports, and news stories.
- Social media portals integrate Facebook and Twitter audiences.
- The Black Toenail Hall of Fame (recently featured on front page of Reddit.)
- 10-15 site updates/week.
“Ultrarunner podcast is a great resource for in depth interviews with all sorts of personalities from the ultrarunning world. Their interviews are fun and entertaining but also a great source of information and inspiration. The downloads are great to listen to on a long run!” –Ellie Greenwood
“Be sure to check out Ultrarunnerpodcast.com for some fresh new web and podcast interviews and articles. The team behind it, Eric Schranz, and Scotty Sandow have put together an AMAZING amount of content in their debut effort. Best of all, the interviews are crystal clear, paced well, and funny!” -Scott Dunlap, atrailrunnersblog.com
iTUNES SUBSCRIBER REVIEWS : “Wonderful podcast, smart, entertaining, informative, and just good fun! Love to listen when I’m stuck in the car or working in the yard. Can’t get enough of these two, I love the guests they interview and the great information they share with all of us. I have been listening since day one and have heard every one. Sometimes I will listen to old ones while waiting for a new one! I listen to other running podcasts which I also enjoy, but this is my favorite.”–Runner6irl, Feb, 2013
“So today I hopped back on ultrarunnerpodcast and took a listen to the confident guy that gave an interview to Scott and Eric…More importantly, I started listening to all their interviews and boy do they have some great ones. It definitely added some inspiration for the day and perhaps added a little fuel to one guys tank.” – Hal Koerner
URP was listed in TrailRunner Magazine’s (April 2013) article on trail running podcasts. Described as “irreverent…with a wealth of episodes” ultrarunnerpodcast was listed first and headlined on each page.
- 35k monthly visits
- 17k monthly unique visitors
- 77k monthly page views
- Avg time on site: 6 1/2 minutes
- 50k+ monthly audio downloads
- 4k+ Twitter followers
- 3k+ Facebook “likes”
Numbers updated Feb, 2013
- 75% have completed ultramarathon distance event.
- 60% male/40% female audience.
- 76% US based
- Sponsored podcasts. “This episode brought to you by…”
- Podcast testimonials. One minute at either end of podcast.
- Banner or skyscraper ads on URP website.
- Sponsored links on URP Daily News.
- Product review/representative integration available on special basis.
Why advertise on a podcast?
- The buzz about ultrarunnerpodcast.com is strong. An advertisement on one of our podcasts has an eternal existence, continuing to be downloaded for months and years to come.
For any additional information, opportunities, or questions.