Jade Belzberg And Her First Hundred Miler
Sarah and I asked Jade Belzberg to come on the show to share her story about her first hundred miler. Jade is like many people in the sport…she’s run a bunch of 50ks, one 50 miler, then jumped feet first into a hundred. Not like many of us, her boyfriend is Nickademus Hollon, Barkley finisher, HURT finisher, and frequent URP guest and she was able to pick his brain about the race, preparation, and use him for a pacer and crew.
In this interview we talk about:
- How she and Nick met.
- What they do for cross training. Fire dancing is cross training, right?
- How she prepared for the race.
- How she adapted when faced with horrible weather, lack of gear, and a nasty injury.
- Using one person for a pacer and crew.
- What happened she quit and took off her bib.
- What she’ll do differently in her next hundred miler.
Jade Belzberg Interview Notes
Episode sponsored by the Ancient Redwood Run Festival.
Here’s Jade’s site.
Here’s the site for Zion 100.
All pics courtesy of Jade Belzberg.
Outro music by Matt Flaherty.