I’m a huge fan of anything that prevents my shoes from coming untied, as there’s nothing worse than having to stop and kneel down during a hard run because your stupid shoelaces are flapping and slapping your ankles.
Enter BOA. The technology uses uber-thin steel cables that lock to a twisty dial that locks the laces in place. Very cool system.
The winner of the contest will receive the BOA system on any pair of commercially-available shoes. This system is not available for purchase anywhere, so this is truly a prize that money can’t buy. Big thanks to the folks at BOA for making this available.
- Write some haiku about your laces and/or shoes and/or BOA. Needs to be in 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables format. Here’s a tutorial if you need it.
- Must be less than 140 characters in order to fit on Twitter.
- Post the haiku below (in the comments section), and then cut-n-paste it to Twitter as well.
- Entries must appear on both URP and Twitter.
- Submissions must be tagged with @ultrarunnerpod, @boaclosure, and the shoe company of your choice. Here’s an example:
Oh untied laces
Why the hell won’t you stay tied?
BOA on my mind
@ultrarunnerpod, @boaclosure, @hokaoneone
- One submission per person please.
- International entries OK.
- If you’re not on Twitter, must appear on Facebook.
- Winner receives shoes of their choice with BOA closure system installed. Pretty freakin awesome!
- I’ll pick a winner Tues, Aug 26
Follow (and tag) to BOA here on Twitter.