Drew Mikita is an addiction specialist, a trail runner, a beer geek, a psychology professor in a hippie town in Colorado, and co-owner of the highest running store in the country. Sounds qualified to enter the URP studio and chat about what makes so many of us crazy? Yep!
In a sometimes personal discussion, we talk about:
- Why are so many ultrarunners former drug/alcohol addicts?
- What makes us so susceptible to overdoing things?
- What are the red flags (no, not trail markers!) to look out for in identifying a problem.
- Why can’t we be happy with our accomplishments, instead looking to bigger, longer, and harder events?
- Are we addicted to running?
Add these questions to a major life change for me, and you have one of the most important discussions I’ve had with a guest.
Drew’s running store: Vertical Runner Breckenridge
Use the code Pod15 for 15% off any store purchases, including camp registration. Sweet!
Outro Music: Heavy Things by Phish.