YiOu Wang and Jacob Puzey are each coming to Lake Sonoma with a mission: Do the best they can and push hard. Will that get either on the podium? We’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out.
For YiOu, this will be her second attempt at 50 miles, though she’s hardly an underdog. Her dismantling of a stout 50k record last year (and a 2:38 marathon) will force other elite women to pay attention to her presence. Hear our original interview here.
Jacob is no newbie to ultras. He’s got a healthy record of finishes and records and coaches with Greg McMillan and Ian Torrence in Flagstaff. We wanted to get his perspective on tackling this race from a running coach perspective.
- Listening to experienced runners to gain information about training and racing.
- How to handle courses that don’t have rhythm.
- Paying attention to the little things when you’re not running.
- The awesomeness of high school cross country.
- How to stay healthy and not be stupid. Sour Patch crawlers and potato chips included.
Here’s Jacob’s blog with links to his coaching. He runs for Altra Footwear and First Endurance.
Jacob and I were talking about Trail Butter. Delicious.
Outro Music: (Whoomp!) There It Is by Tag Team