Easier this month, Brittany Peterson lined up at Bandera 100k in Texas in hopes of earning a Golden Ticket to Western States Endurance Run. Just less than nine and a half hours later she stood on a podium with a ticket to The Big Dance.
In this interview, we talk about her Skyrunning experience and her leg speed–not a common combination–and how that will translate to both Lake Sonoma 50 and Western States.
Brittany also shares her unique relationship with the race. She’s dating Cody Lind and coached by his dad Paul Lind, who’s the son of the original Medical Director at WS100, Dr. Bob Lind. She’s spent a lot of time on the course and is primed and ready for June.
Brittany Peterson Episode Sponsor: Strava Summit
For the price of a couple gels a month, you’ll open up access to the Strave Summit upgrade features. Not ready to commit? Use URP at checkout for a free trial.
Brittany Peterson Episode Notes
- Much more on skyrunning right this way.
- We referenced Jason Koop’s post about what it’ll take to win big ultramarathons from now on.
- Here’s the brewery Brittany talked about: Bertram’s Brewery in Salmon Valley, Idaho.
- Follow Brittany on social media: Strava | Instagram | Twitter
- Here’s our interview with Skyrunner Sarah Keyes where she discusses transitioning that skillset to domestic ultras.
- Intro and outro music courtesy of David Rosales.