Two years ago, Caroline Boller was on occasional runner at best, sitting by and reading running magazines while her husband hit the trails. Then at 38, she started running and in a quick 14 months has run her first 50k, first 50miler, and first 100k–with all top ten finishes.
She knocked an hour off her marathon PR, got picked up by Nike, and is now heading to Western States, courtesy of her most recent win at the competitive Black Canyon 100k. Whew!
I was anxious to learn more about this “forty year old newbie mother runner who nobody’s ever heard of” and find out how she’s handling this sudden success
In this podcast, we talk about:
- Going from an observer of races to a top athlete.
- What Sage and Sandi have her do for workouts.
- What’s her emotional and competitive state like before a race?
- How she balances two kids, a husband, and all of her running.
- What’s next on her plate?
Outro music: Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond