Craig Thornely asks the big question: Can’t we all (old school and new school alike) just get along?
Fourteen races in Maine that put fun in front of run.
…or here’s a new format where you run on a road and literally get chased by a car. Sounds interesting.
Awesome: Kara Goucher signs with Oiselle.
Pay attention to the small things in your running routine.
Tropical John discusses why rules (and common sense) are both necessary to our sport.
Yep: Running as therapy.
This is minimalist running.
What?!? A list of female athletes who’ve “battled men on their turf” and no mention of Ann Trason? Are you kidding me?
Another week in the life of Joe Grant. Running, climbing, Anton, beer…
Emelie Forsberg’s 2014 race calendar.
How do you train to run up Mt. Everest if you live in Israel? Also a great point about people coming together as runners.
OK, No Ultra Content at all, but this is beautiful and awesome.
Here’s a great piece on what it’s like being married to an ultrarunner.
Interesting and dare I say, cool? Perform better and recover faster by cooling specific parts of your hands. Hey, it’s science.
And yikes, check out this packed calendar!
- Antelope Island 50/50/100 on…Antelope Island in Utah. I didn’t realize there were islands on the Great Salt Lake. Hmm.
- Bear Blaster 50+k in Augusta, GA. Seems pretty low key.
- Mesquite Canyon 50/50 in Arizona. This is the race Stephanie talked about during her interview. Here’s our interview with the 1/2 of the RD, Nick Coury.
- Haulin in the Holler 50k in Putnam, WV.
- Old Goat 50M in Orange County, CA. Tough course that’s “not for the squimish, the easily intimidated, or the undertrained.”
- LT JC Stone 50k in Penn. Six mile loops on asphalt around a park. Sounds fast!
- Tuff FKN 100 miler in Penn. All road with a few mountain passes (at mile 90…ouch!), but I’m confused. It’s a “fatass”, but it’s $30 for the shirt and there’s a pre-race dinner?
- Oak Mountain 50k in Alabama. Not a ton of vert, but constant up and down.
- Hat Run 50k in Maryland with almost 10k total vert.
- Moab 50/100/100/24 hour in freakin’ Moab. Sounds awesome. Anyone running this?
- The Ocean Floor Race in Egypt. 160 miles with no trail markings and a 4 day cutoff.
- Aw man, this sounds like my type of race. Dizzy Daze in Seattle. 12 hours around a 3mile loop around a lake.
- Spring Equinox 50/50 in Mississippi with no less than three breweries listed as sponsors. Hello!
- Canyon Meadow 50k in Oakland, CA. (Oakland Hills, folks…it’s beautiful.)
- Run Like the Wind 3/6/12/24 hour in Austin, Texas, complete with dog yoga and no dropping down distances.
- Grasslands 50M in Decatur, TX. Going cupless.
- And there’s a Lake Sonoma training run in Healdsburg as well. Lots of people.
….and I’m recording 5 interviews this weekend for a fun Lake Sonoma preview show I’m doing with the guys from ultrasportslive.tv Stay tuned!