Daily News and Calendar, Fri, Sep 26
The importance of traction on MUT shoes. I’m surprised the Icebug Acceleritas2 isn’t on that list. That thing is like a cleat.
How to deal with Plantar Fasciitis: Two methods from two different takes on the same study.
Didya hear our new podcast with Nickademus Hollon? Definitely an amazing race report from Tor des Geants, and he clears up the DQ story on Francesca Canepa. Some other good quick stories from the race right here.
Updates from the Grand to Grand ultra. Co-host Sarah Lavender Smith is in 2nd for females.
DC Runners: What the hell? Anyone familiar with this runner?
Ten fast facts about Sunday’s Berlin Marathon and what/who to look for there.
Lessons learned from serial racing.
Only half of you will understand this: Why Kathy is running through perimenopause.
Top ten trails in Minnesota, though many of them appear to be paved. (link fixed.)
Bike shops are adding beer, too.
The Spartathlon tracking site has been down most of the morning, but from what I can tell, Jon Olsen is in 5th overall.
Cool story: The woman who walked 10,000 miles in three years.
A survival guide to the grossest things about running.
Guys, do you run shirtless?
- Enchanted Forest Wine Run in Grants Pass, OR. It’s only a half marathon, but with Tim Olson as the RD and course designer, it’s a tough one. Sadly I won’t make it this year.
- Flatrock 50k. Kansas’ oldest trail run…sold out again.
- Stevens’ Creek Striders 50k near San Francisco. Specially-permitted event in an open space preserve.
- The Bear Chase 50/50/100 in Lakewood, CO. Sounds like my type of course. Fast and not technical.
- Hungerford Games 50 in Michigan. Beautiful trails in the Fall.
- The Mogollan Monster 106 in Arizona. Not for the newbies.
- Then there’s the Georgia Jewel 35/50/100. Not a lot climbing, but you’re on the technical Georgia trails.
- Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Stagecoach Line 100 miler. Directed by Ian Torrence, I haven’t heard that much about the race this year. Who’s running?
- Bear 100 in Utah/Idaho. Apparently one of the most beautiful 100s in the country. It’s on my list.
- Germantown 50k in Ohio. Pay what you want. Love it!
- Berkeley Trail Adventure in…wait for it…Berkeley. I’ll be there for either the 35 or 50k.
- Cle Elum Ridge 50k in Washington.
- How’d I miss this one? The Mountain Lakes 100 in Oregon. 60 miles on the PCT.
- The Sloppy Cuckoo 12 hour in Philly, PA. All runners receive a custom german weather house.
- Mountain Madness 50k in New Jersey. No beer allowed.
- Vermont 50. Ride it or run it, Fall in Vermont must be awesome.
Please use real name. Anonymous comments will be deleted. Thanks.