I’ve always wanted to visit South Africa, now I really have a reason. Look at those trails! All accessible from the city!
I may be new to the treadmill, but still know not to run backwards on the thing.
This week in science: Distance running can be bad for you.
RootsRated is giving away a free pair of Salomons to one of you. Enter contest here. Worst case scenario: You get a cool newsletter from RR. Best case scenario: You get the newsletter and some new kicks!
This guy ran over 100 marathons last year–all barefoot–and sent a ton of shoes to his native Philippines.
Good tips for uphill running.
Want to read an intense scientific paper on what elite runners do on their downtime? It’s certainly not fun reading, but some might find it interesting.
And yet another reason I really need to move to New Zealand.
Leadville lottery results went out yesterday. If you’re not sure, check your status here.
…and here’s Kelsie’s report from the race. She’s a 20yo up and comer and is learning lessons like we all do.
Interesting read and pics of women’s bodies. The great thing about running is that really any of these women could be successful in our sport. The same couldn’t be said for most others.
Your next cover boy: Patrick Sweeney.
How this guy from Minnesota totally dominated the Africans at World XC champs in Scotland.
Awesome pic collection from the Dawn Wall ascent. Wow!
It’ll be interesting to watch this guy’s progress, as he attempts to break an OLD record for most miles ridden in a year. How many daily miles do you guess he’ll have to cover? Nope, higher.
- The Race Across America starts today in LA and finishes in DC in 4 months. Looks more like a fundraiser than a race, but certainly a tough one.
- Pacifica Foothills 50k in Pacifica, CA. That course kicked my butt a few years ago.
- The Hong Kong 100k is this weekend. English coverage here.
- And of course there’s HURT 100 in Hawaii. Should be a great race this year.
- Here’s a 24 hour race in Georgia on a .65 mile loop. Dang, that’s a lot of laps!
- The first race of the Idaho Trail Series is the Wilson Creek Frozen 50k. Cool video!
- Steep Ravine 50k in Stinson Beach, CA. Fantastically beautiful and runnable trails.
- The San Diego Trail 50 looks pretty rad. Anyone running it?