Matt Flaherty writes about over-training and racing.
One thing is common among those winning big races right now: variety.
Anna Frost reminds us all to drink plenty of water.
The North Face 50 race reports:
- Tim Tollefson’s debut fifty.
- Ricky LIghtfoot’s first time on the course.
- Alex Varner…learned a lesson about fueling.
- James Walsh’s trip up north (with pre and post race beers.)
Why she trains alone. (I’m the same way.)
…except we’re supposed to race with packs.
Ultra Trail Mexico looks pretty awesome.
This guy ran JFK as his first ultra and came in 6th place. Pretty damn good! Here’s his story.
- The VHTRC puts on another great sounding fatass trail 50 with a unique RSVP system. Check it out.
- And a really, really cold sounding fatass in Pullman, Washington.
- And Sherpa John has a fatass in Colorado that I’m sure is pretty low key.
- Then there’s a fatass in MA that charges $25. Huh?
- Doc Horton’s Hellgate 100 in Virginia.
- Run on some of the most beautiful trails in Northern California, the Woodside Ramble 50k is on Sunday.
- Brazos Bend 100/50 is in Texas on Saturday. Sounds like a fun race.
- In case you didn’t get enough of the TNF course last weekend, there’s another 50k this weekend.
- The Tallahassee Ultra Distance Classic road race is this weekend. Check out those records.
- …and perhaps drawing from the same talent field, the Desert Solstice track ultra (24hr and 100M) is in Arizona. Hopefully we’ll see some records fall.
- If timed events are your thing, there’s another one in Las Vegas tomorrow.