The 25 most influential people in Colorado running.
Is all of our technology causing us to cry wolf in the backcountry? You know what keeps me safe? Knowing that people have been lost or injured and either persevered or sustained injury, and that I don’t want to be one of those people.
Bill Murray is one of my favorite actors/comedians. Watch him “train” for a marathon.
Call for nominations for USATF MUT Runner of the Year awards.
Heading into the woods for some introspection. But wait, am I allowed to run?
What do Krar, Frosty, Sage, Sally, and Ian eat for breakfast? What did you eat?
Rad new timing app from Mark at Ultrasignup. Only for google now, but iOS is on its way.
Getting hit by a bus didn’t stop this guy from running. Great story!
Guillaume ran some killer trails around the US and captured them all on film. Check out this awesome collection.
Wow! Max hiked, ran, and packed for three days through the Trinity Alps. Here’s the report.
I especially like reading race reports from runners who also coach. Here’s a good one.
Did you see our review of the new Brooks PureGrit 3? Light, low, and a killer tread, we’ll be publishing the female review next week.
This fella is running a marathon a day for a year, but Guiness won’t certify it as a WR. Anyone know why?
Bike accessories don’t usually interest me, but I was strongly drawn to this one.
Weekend Calendar – Tons of 50ks this weekend!
- Pony Express 50/100 in Utah. Requires runners to have or share a crew. No thanks.
- Coyote Ridge 50k at Muir Beach near San Francisco.
- The WC-50 Ultra Trail 50/50 in North Carolina. Four loops around the National Whitewater Center.
- Table Rock 50k in North Carolina, part of the Carolina Ultra Series. Who’s running it?
- Twin Peaks 50/50 in SoCal, claims to be the toughest (most vert) in the country.
- Ultima Frontera 21/55/83/166k of technical climbs in southern Spain.
- Big’s Backyard Ultra in Tennessee. It’s one of Laz’s 4 mile loops, and you’ve got one hour to run it. Let’s see who can keep it up the longest.
- Whistler 50 in Canada. Four loops of fun from the Olympic Plaza.
- Pumpkin Holler Hunnerd in Oklahoma.
- WIld Duluth 50/100k in Minnesota. Great slogan: Lubrication for the ultrarunners soul.
- Cave Creek Thriller 50k by the Coury boys in Arizona. Temps in the 90s.
- Uwharrie 100 in North Carolina. 24k feet of vert sounds just about right.
- Elk-King’s Mountain Traverse 50k on the Oregon Coast.
- Big Brad 50/50 in Maine. Autumn in Maine does sound nice right now, but I think I’d be a wimp on those technical trails.
- Forest Glen 5 myriameter trail run in Illinois. Description sounds beautiful.
- Sinnemahone 50k Trail Run in Pennsylvania. 4k’ vert is pretty moderate, but I’m assuming the trails are gnarly?
- Corner Canyon 50k Trail Run in Sandy, Utah. Includes a climb called “the widowmaker.”
- St Pat’s 6/12/24 in South Bend, Indiana.
- Palo Duro 50/50 in Texas.
- Vulture Bait 50k in Ontario, Canda.
- Dead Horse 50k in Utah, with views of Arches NP and Moab. Utah has a ton of races! Gov’t must be very easy to deal with.
What are you running this weekend? Race? Run?