Thanks a lot, lady. Your art is not appreciated.
Fifteen pieces of semi-wisdom from her first hundred miler.
Two types of runners…which are you?
Didya hear the new podcast with Rainshadow Running’s James Varner? James is putting on a film festival dedicated to trailrunning and I pick his brain about the whole event. We also cover selling bibs, pacing, and a whole host of other topics.
Man, I was proud of my family for having four of run marathons. This is impressive.
If you run in grizzly county, you may or may not want to read this. Whoa, what a story!
Check out this comprehensive comparison of sports drinks. (PDF Download)
Read this: Some solid inspiration for your next 100. Number 8 is mucho important. h/t Ryan T.
…then watch this. Singletrack unicycling is rad.
Meet Kurt from Minnesota…a 2:40 marathoner who’s turned to trail ultras instead.
Pretty good first timer advice from The Telegraph.
Good race report from Whoo’s in El Moro 50k female champ.
AJW (‘s son) presents some ideas for the future of the sport. Some are great…some are too complex for me.
Which state has the most ultra finishes, as percent of the population?
Weekend Calendar – Random observation: Loops abound!
- The Ghost Train Trail Race. 7.5 mile loops on rail-to-trail system in some state back east. (Common problem with compiling this calendar is trying to figure out where races are when it’s not listed prominently.) Run as many loops as you want.
- Stinson Beach 50k in SF Bay Area. Just ran those trails recently and they’re perfect right now. A couple of loops.
- Cactus Rose 100/50 in Texas. “No whiners, wimps, or wusses.”
- Whiskeytown 50k near Redding, CA. Alan Abbs is running.
- Jack’s 50k on the Palm Coast, Florida. Rad looking trails and tons of loops.
- The Asylum Ultra in South Carolina. Same format as Big’s Backyard Ultra. Definitely loopy, but very cool idea.
- Inaugural Papatsco Valley 50k in Maryland.
- Double Dirty Dozen in OK gives runners the option of smooth pavement or technical trail. Not clear if you can alternate during the event. If so, that’d make it much more tolerable, right? Loopy, of course.
- Triple Lakes 40 mile trail race in NC. Looks beautiful.
- Prairie Spirit Trail 50k in Kansas.
- GOATZ 50k trail run in Omaha, NE. I see Kaci Lickteig on that list.
- Oregon Road Runners Autumn Leaves 50/50. Another loopy course.
- Les Templiers in France. Big guns running…live coverage right this way.