Very interesting: Ultra finishes by gender.
The health goth movement. h/t to Stu…great find!
Midwest runners pick their top trail runs.
Three time Boston champ and recent Chicago Marathon champ Rita Jeptoo allegedly tests positive. Ugh.
Me likey: Race signups with no transaction fee.
As a group, we tend to overdo things. Read this about overtraining.
Good stuff: A trail runner’s takes to the roads and can’t help but enjoy herself. We interviewed the MDI Marathon here.
Ben Nephew’s report from the Snowdon Mountain Race in the UK.
Didya see our new review of the Brooks PureGrit 3? Light, low, and fast…looks like fun racing shoe.
NYC Marathon this Sunday. Here’s a good preview.
So this PhD student is from Northern CA and matriculated in southern Oregon and Colorado, and she’s done her graduate work in ultramarathon psychology. Huh, what a coincidence.
Here’s a blind guy who’s running 100 milers using technology.
Read this: Managing the mind when running an ultra.
Weird gear you should actually use. I use two of them.
Training tips and sh!t talkin‘ from a 5:01 beer miler.
When I interviewed Tim Tollefson earlier this month, he was slightly considering entering TNF championships in Dec. Yesterday he pulled the trigger and added to the crazy depth of this race.
Hmmm, excessive running causes excessive hair growth in women.
- 50k World Championships in Doha, Qatar. Follow live here or here. Wardian, Emily Harrison…
- Pinhoti 100 in Alabama. Tons of singletrack, finishing on a high school track. Sounds familiarly awesome.
- Kingman Kong Runathon in Kingman, Kansas. Best. Race. Name. Ever.
- Silver Falls 50k in Oregon. Looks beautiful.
- Mendon Trail Run 50k in New York.
- The last of the four deserts–in Antarctica. Nutso.
- Javelina Jundred in Arizona. Half party, half costume fest, half ultra (I’m good at math.) Watch it live here.
- The Javelina Beer Mile will be broadcast live on ultrasportslive.tv. Goes live at 1:50pm.
- Nashville Ultra. A few distances, and runners can switch mid-race (which I don’t really like.)
- Indian Creek 50/50 in Colorado. One of Sherpa John’s races.
- Ozark Trail 100M in Missouri.
- Trick or treating everywhere.
What are you running?