Something I’m unable to master: The Art of Downhill Running.
Good race report from Vibram Hong Kong 100…geez, I didn’t realize some of the trails were scattered with attack monkeys.
it) is running from Maine to NJ to get to the Superbowl (well, and support a very worthy cause.)
Ras is a big fan of coconut butter. Apparently it ain’t just for lotion anymore.
Jon Olsen and Mami Kudo named IAU Ultrarunners of the Year.
Awesome: Here’s a cool site that allows users to trade or buy used outdoor gear. (Affiliate link.)
Here’s a 5k that runs through an aircraft boneyard.
This Idaho Trail Series looks like a blast. Pretty good beer (and wine) around Boise, too.
I may be prone to hyperbole as well, but calling this the “worlds toughest race” is a bit much, yeah?
And here we go again…Are we really born to run?
Follow this writer on his path to his first 50k.
This race company ensures that everyone gets a medal by allowing runners to drop down to whatever distance they want, ensuring a 100% finish rate. No thanks.
DBo speaks: Should MUT running be in the X Games?
I’d never heard of the Alaskan Slam. Eggs, moose meat, and toast maybe?
An 18yo wins the Dubai Marathon in 2:04:32.
- The Kahtoola Bigfoot Snowshoe Festival in Utah. Dang, a 50k on snowshoes!?!
- The Orcas Island 25k in Washington. If you heard our podcast with James or Candice, you know about this event (and how bad I want to run it.)
- The Coldwater Rumble in Arizona. Various distances (100M included) through the desert.
- Calico 50k in a ghost town in Nevada.
- The Cape Cod Frozen Fat Ass 50k in Cape Cod, Mass.
- Starting Monday is the Arrowhead 135, where the temp is hovering around -30. Here’s Spaff’s take on it.
- …but I think I’d take the St. Croix Scenic 50.
- What did I miss?
And as always, if I’m missing something (news, gear, beer, races), please shoot me a message at [email protected]. Thanks!