Elisa Laverty Interview
Elisa Laverty has had a big year! In January, she and husband Keith welcomed their first child into the world. A few months later, she attempted a 50k, then this past weekend, she ran her first 50 miler at White River.
Everyone’s got a story, and Elisa’s is one that many people can relate to: Trying to figure out where running fits into pregnancy and your new life with a baby.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How she got into this sport in the first place.
- How an eating disorder helped shape her years as a young woman.
- Who she listened to and what steps she took to continue running through her pregnancy.
- How quickly after giving birth she started training again.
- Running strollers!
- And we get to hear about her first 50 miler. Ran this past weekend at White River, Elisa persevered through some tough times and has a fun story to share.
Episode Sponsor: ultra-stickers.com
High quality and weatherproof stickers with over 350 designs, ultrastickers allows you to share your passion on your car, laptop, scooter, or segway. Whether you’re a trail runner, ultrarunner, or outdoor enthusiast, ultra-sticker’s has got you covered.
Mentioned in the Episode
Here’s more on Bob Bondurant. I attended his high speed school in the mid 90s.
Here’s more on the Transistor IPA.
Here’s my favorite performance from KEXP.
Here’s the Chariot stroller I prefer over the BOB. Find it used on craigslist!
Outro music by AJ LeGrand. (Yep, he’s Jacob and Tommy Puzey’s brother!)
Gear Editor Ben Zuehlsdorf gives a full recap on his visit to Outdoor Retailer, including new gear from Raidlight, Ultimate Direction, Salomon, Camelbak, The North Face, and more!
Elisa Laverty Social Media Channels
Share this episode online and/or tell a friend!
Subscribe to the site or leave us an honest review on iTunes.
Visit us on Stitcher, or join the Patreon crew right here for exclusive content.
Interested in advertising on the site? Email me here and let’s talk.| Here’s our media kit.