Jared and Ashley are both 19, both live in Colorado, and both are extremely fast. Jared’s got a solid resume of ultramarathons behind him, and even though Ashley’s only been at this since last year, she’ll be running as a contender for the podium.
Ethan and I spoke with Jared first, followed by Ashley. In the talk, we discuss:
- “Dropping down” to 100 miles per week.
- What’s it like being raised by two ultrarunning parents?
- Why aren’t you at Spring Break right now?
- What kind of race strategies we’ll see on Saturday.
- Ethan and I discuss Sarah’s recent piece about mandatory gear in ultras.
Outro music: Incinerate by Sonic Youth
Ashley runs for Altra, V-Fuel, and Simple Hydration, Jared is unattached.
Sarah’s piece in Trailrunner Magazine about mandatory gear requirements.