Take one part mountain woman, one part 2nd grade teacher, one part fierce trail runner, add a gigantic smile and a positive attitude, and you get Stevie Kremer. Sarah and I had a blast talking to this ball of energy from Crested Butte, CO about a wide range of topics that bounced all over the place. Enjoy.
- Stevie doesn’t like ultras, but prefers short, intense, and technical mountain races. Why the hesitancy to move up in distance?
- What her students think of her running.
- How she trains for technical trails, and how she views her own abilities.
- The importance of skimo in her workout regimen.
- Why pilsners are awesome.
After the chat with Stevie, Sarah and I chat about her first 24 hour race (hint: she won it!), how she trained for it, what she thought about the experience, and whether we’ll see her competing in another timed event.
Here’s The Teacher video from Salomon.
Here’s the Liza Howard interview we referenced.
Outro music: Theses Are the Days by 10,000 Maniacs.