We see MUT running as one of the faster growing sports out there, don’t we? Everyone’s doing an ultra nowadays, right? Actually, the growth of ultramarathons and trail running isn’t even on the list–the list that includes MMA, lacrosse, field hockey, aerobics, windsurfing, etc.
This kid should probably just stay off the trails. Using resources to “rescue” someone so ill-prepared is a waste of time.
My favorite headline of the week: Running Got Fat Alcoholic Back on Track.
Interesting story by Sandi (Sage’s girlfriend) and her issues with her Achilles.
Sounds like maybe Matt should talk to Sandi and get a 2 for 1 deal in Sweden.
“Some naked guy” won Leadville in 2007. Cool throwback article from TrailRunner Magazine.
And here’s a throwback article from ultrarunning magazine from 1982, all about how much walking should be done in a race. Warning: Mathematic equations involved.
Here’s a pretty funny series of finish line photos. Bam!
Team USA announced for World Long Distance Mountain Running Championship. Good team for sure, but it could be really good. What do you think?
AJW highlights a few great stories from runners chasing the silver buckle at WS100.
What an awesome story about a young runner beating the odds. This girl is awesome.
Remember this interview from last year with Luis Escobar? His Born to Run Ultramarathons are part race, part beer mile, part camping, music festival with distances from 10 miles to 200 miles. I’ve got two entries to give away for the race…it’s next weekend. Email me if you’re interested. [email protected]
And of course, a big huge Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. We literally wouldn’t be here without you. 🙂
Partial Weekend Calendar
- 35th annual PCT50 in San Diego
- Ice Age 50 in Wisconsin. This had a screaming fast field last year with Max, Matt, Kaci, Larisa, etc. Can’t find an entrant’s list for this year. Anyone?
- Quicksilver 50/100k in San Francisco Bay Area. It’s a WS qualifier with UTMB points and a pretty stout field.
- GnawBone 50k in Indiana.
- Singletrack Maniac 50k in Williamsburg, VA.
- Quadrock 50 in Fort Collins, CO.
- Transvulcania. A whole bunch of top runners participating. Live coverage on the website or IRF.
- Smith Rock Ascent in Oregon. Looks like an awesome event, and I hope to be chatting with one of its most compelling participants today.
- 50s for yo momma 50/50 in Ohio.