Most people in the US have today off for President’s Day. Happy Monday! Turns out to be a pretty slow news day in the land of MUT running too.
As a life long fan of XC, I found this article about the roots of the sport interesting. Also, it turns out, Barkley is really just one big XC race.
Justin/IRF Week in Review. All the results from this weekends ultramarathon and trail races. A few that stood out to me:
- Matt Daniels was a surprise for me, but the rest of the Golden Ticket winners at Black Canyon made sense. Glad to see Kaci’s in!
- Curious about Jared’s and Max’s drops. Hope they’re OK and it was just a tough day.
- FOURmidable must’ve been a muddy mess. So much rain last week and it snowed in Auburn! But whoa, ski season is doing Tim Tollefson well. Can’t wait to see how his summer turns out.
- Dani Moreno is someone I’ve been watching since her impressive win at Broken Arrow a few years ago. I like what she’s doing…sticking to the distance and terrain that suits her best.
- Mark Hammond’s 13:05 100 miler at Jackpot is impressive. Mark flies under the radar then just kills it.
- Transgrancanaria next weekend looks like a good race–especially on the ladies side–with Chaverot, Miao Yao, and returning champ Magdalena Łaczak all lining up.
- And wow, check it out! My buddy Sean tied with Dave Johnston at Susitna! I’ll give him sh*t when he gets back.
Jill writes about a race/course most of us in Northern California have run and reflects on what it was like to be a beginner in this silly sport. I always love Jill’s posts and this one brought a special smile to my face.
Be sure to check out Jam Jam’s Mountain Outhouse for the week: Race results, Kara Goucher, and a two story outhouse?