Justin and iRunFar bring us all the results from this weekend’s trail and ultramarathon results. Highlights for me:
- Kelly Wolf at Transvulcania shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. She’s a beast on the mountains, is working with Koop and CTS, and has the mindset to win. Here’s our interview with her. And here’s Ian’s recap and pics from the race.
- Luis Alberto Hernando wins the Trail World Champs in Spain at age 40.
- Michele Yates at Quad Rock. Wasn’t she supposed to be having hip replacement?
- Whatever caused Cat Bradley to DNF at Canyons 100k two weeks ago seems to have been cleared up.
- Not mentioned on iRF, but Avery Collins’ CR at Orcas Island 50 (w 12.5k’ vert) seems to have been quite a race. Anxious to hear more about his bonk.
- Seeing Rob and DeNooch back racing on the trails is great! Onward, gentlemen!
And let’s shine some light on the competitive New England ultramarathon scene with this roundup from MassUltra.
Cool: Colorado school offers first-ever MBA in the Outdoor Industry. I know Michael Aish is an alumni, but am pretty sure I’ve interviewed someone else who attended…Help me out?
Did anyone else watch parts of the Diamond League meet from Shanghai? Was that smog?
The Broken Arrow Skyrace is once again getting some top level entrants...Olson, Sandes, Koerner, Albertson-Junkans, Ghelfi, Shay, Allen, Keyes, Leedham, Boone, Vaught, Bosio, King, Vargo, Trumer, Schlarb, Pollman, Smith, Foote, Maravilla, Calmettes…Holy cow this is going to be a fun weekend!
Excellent post by Rivers Puzey about what it takes to be a strong mountain runner with “no training.”
And in one of the slowest moving events of the year, Laz has started his “vacation without a car” and you can follow him right here.
Short news day. What did I miss?