Rest days are good. Rest months, not so much.
Runners, cyclists, and climbers in the PNW: Who’s gonna try to the Tour de Volcanoes next? 16 out of 16 active Volcano summits, 2,400 miles of biking with 127,000 feet of elevation gain, 180 miles of climbing/running with 79,700 feet of gain. From starting Mount Lassen at the trailhead, to finishing Mount Baker at the trailhead, 25 days, 9 hours, and 58 minutes.
And for something a bit shorter. Do you:
- Have extra airline miles built up?
- Have a dislike for the cartilage in your knees?
- Like to risk broken bones and teeth?
- Don’t mind a race that’s less than 1/4 mile?
- If so...I’ve got the race for you! (scroll down for English)
Excellent article about an ultramarathon runner who thought her ideal body was lean and mean with a six pack. She worked hard and achieved it, only to figure out it wasn’t what she wanted.
Short news day. What did I miss?