Sarah and I sat down with Western States Endurance Run President John Trent to get his take on the MUT world, Western States in particular, and what we should expect in the future. John’s got a great story about how he got into ultrarunning, what the WS Board is chartered with doing, and where he sees the race in the future.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Steroids in the sport.
- Montrail’s last year of sponsorship and the end of the Montrail Ultra Cup.
- The Western States entry process.
- Big decisions made by the Board.
- Prize money and how it affects competition.
- What kinds of beer his daughters like.
Here’s the Board’s homepage.
Outro music: Strong me Strong by Yellowman.
Here are the Salomon S-Lab X-Series shoes . The title calls them “trail running shoes”, but they’re most certainly not. They’re road shoes all the way.
The FlipBelt. Seriously an awesome invention.
Far End Gear Short Buds single earbud. Listen to
your music URP and be safe.
Note: Please consider buying locally, but if you purchase online, please use one of the above affiliate links. Your purchase will drop a few nickels into the URP bucket. Thanks!