Western States 2015: Erika Lindland and Brett Rivers
Erika Lindland and Brett Rivers both have experience on the famed Western States course, and each sat down with me to chat about what they’ve learned at the race, what they’ll focus on this year, and what advice they’ve got for others.
In this podcast we talk about:
- Erika’s strengths and what it will take to reach her time goal.
- Brett talks about his running shop and the Marin culture.
- Erika and Brett both offer predictions about who they think will stand on the podium on Sunday.
- Brett describes what it’s like going on weekly runs with some of the best MUT runners in the world.
- Both Erika and Brett offer advice for those coming to Western States for their first time…and their advice is the same. Listen up!
This episode sponsored by the Alpenglow Mountain Festival. See you there!
Erika is Contributing Editor at Ultrarunning Magazine.
Here’s Billy Yang’s video about Brett.
Here’s the San Francisco Running Company website. Grab a hat!
Outro music: Going up the Country by Canned Heat
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS
Please use real name. Anonymous comments will be deleted. Thanks.