Clare Gallagher made her debut podcast on URP at this time last year–she’d just crushed Leadville and we got to hear about her training, eating, collegiate running, and studies in Thailand. Lots of energy, lots of fun, and the potential for a big career was obvious.
In this most recent interview, we talk about
- Her win at UTMB-CCC this year, and how it all came about.
- What happened during her DNF at mile 90 of Western States.
- How she approached CCC mentally and emotionally.
- Running with a core group of girlfriends in Boulder.
- Clare guides us through the landscape, cuisine, and culture of Latvia.
- Being an outspoken political/social activist while balancing responsibilities to sponsors.
- Best bands to listen to while running. (And apparently how good interviews stick in your head if the workout is tough.)
Here’s our original interview with Clare from last year.
Here’s her top five bands/songs:
- Future Islands: Ran
- Ariel Pink: Round and Round
- LCD Soundsytem: Drunk Girls
- Sylvian Esso
- Spoon: The Underdog
Episode Sponsor: The North Face Endurance Challenge
Be sure to check out the North Face Endurance Challenge – Utah-held on September 23-24 at Park City Mountain Resort. Mutliple distances over two days on beautiful trails! I love these races!
Clare Gallagher Social Media Channels
Clare Gallagher’s Sponsors
Wanna help? Share this episode online and/or tell a friend!
Subscribe to the site or leave us an honest review on iTunes.
Visit us on Stitcher, or join the Patreon crew right here for exclusive content.
Interested in advertising on the site? Email me here and let’s talk.| Here’s our media kit.