Tim Tollefson | UTMB 2017 Interview
Tim Tollefson returned to UTMB this year and ended up with a similar race as 2016. Fast Europeans, an enthusiastic American charging out front, and plenty of vert before the finish line.
Like last year, Tim played it smart. He ran conservatively and strong throughout the race, worked with friend Dylan Bowman through some rough patches, and finished on the podium right behind the two best mountain runners in the world…Francois D’Haene and Kilian Jornet.
In this interview, we talk about:
- How his training and preparation changed from 2016.
- What he thought of the competition and course changes.
- His pre-race predictions for Jim Walmsley.
- Why he hates the beach.
- Whether he’d be a better runner if he didn’t have a full time job.
Tim Tollefson Episode Notes
Here’s our interview with Tim from last year.
Here’s Dylan Bowman’s report from the race.
During Gear Review with Ben, we discussed three packs:
- Raidlight Responsiv 10L
- Camelbak Nano (available soon for Spring 2018)
- Ultimate Direction Signature Series v4.0 (Scott Jurek / Ultra Vest; Peter Bakwin / Adventure Vest; both available for Spring 2018)
- The updated Naked Running Band. One correction to the podcast is the 3 pocket setup can be used with three 500ml softflasks, not three 1L soft flasks.
Outro music by AJ LeGrand.
Episode Sponsor: Ultrarunning Magazine
This episode was brought to you by ultrarunning magazine, the voice of the sport since 1981. Published 10 times per year; each issue is packed full of Race Reports, Photos and Articles from contributors like Ann Trason, Cory Reese, Gary Cantrell and Ian Sharman. Every subscription includes 10 issues delivered to your door and digital access to the entire 36 year archive of the magazine, with the most recent issues available as a PDF. The price of annual subscription is less than the cost of a handful of gels….Find out more info at ultrarunning.com for the special URP promo.
Tim Tollefson Social Media Channels
Tim Tollefson’s Sponsors
Wanna help? Share this episode online and/or tell a friend!
Subscribe to the site or leave us an honest review on iTunes.
Visit us on Stitcher, or join the Patreon crew right here for exclusive content.
Interested in advertising on the site? Email me here and let’s talk.| Here’s our media kit.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS
Please use real name. Anonymous comments will be deleted. Thanks.